Friday, February 6, 2009

Do as I Say,

Not as I do.

Forget "Hope and Change"  That should have been the campaign slogan!  Let's see, he told us we weren't gonna be able to keep our thermostats on 72 and drive around in our big S.U.V.'s , he said he was going to go through the budget line by line, he said there would be "no pork" and he said it was going to be a new Washington under his administration.  Oh, and as far as "excellence" - from what I understand he is late to just about every occasion.  Real inspiring.

He keeps the Oval Office at 72 degrees, I am sure he is not motorcading in a Smart Car, his cabinet is ridden with tax evaders and scandal, and as far as "no pork" the man has more pork than an Ohio pig farmer.  And the whole "being late" thing - I agree with someone quoted in this article - COMPLETE ARROGANCE!  

Hope and Change people.  Hope and Change.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Agreed! I find myself late often and, despite all the LIES I tell myself about why it's ok, it tells a lot about your true feelings: I just don't think this event is important enough to show up on time for, or even- heaven forbid!- a little freakin' early to!!

Woe is me.. I have to say he's acting like a real emperor already (too big for his invisible britches). I hope he changes.

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I am new to your blog. And, I'm a big fan already. I hope you don't mind if I agree with you about this HOPE-y CHANGE-y-ness.

IT'S A MESS!

And, I heard that the Obamas like to party, not just on the weekends but weeknights, and that they have a penchant for $100 per pound steaks from JAPAN. She likes turkish caviar, too. Seems like the White House was a destination, not a JOB.

And you've got such important things going on like a stimulus bill the likes of which the earth has never seen, but the man has to go to Chicago for a long "President's Day" weekend while the bill could have been read and discussed, it was sitting on his desk, waiting for him to return to sign it. (According to Obama we were in for a CATASTOPHE!) What kind of asylum are the insane running!?